2022 Course Welcome E-mail Message - March 21

KB1KQW
BAA Comms Committee

2022 Course Welcome E-mail Message - March 21

Post by KB1KQW »

On behalf of the BAA Communications Committee, I would like to welcome you to the COURSE segment! My name is Jim Palmer - KB1KQW and I am the Amateur Radio Segment Coordinator/Team Captain for our segment. I have already had the pleasure of meeting several of you during previous events and look forward to eventually meeting and working with everyone again this year.

As we ramp up our efforts towards this year's race, I also wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know about a few important dates to be aware of this year. Please note while we are doing our absolute best to adhere to these deadlines there are sometimes circumstances that require shifting these a bit, and will be sure to communicate any delays in the timeline to you ASAP:

March 27 - Core Documentation and ICS-205 released at hamradioboston.org
April 4 - Assignments and Course Segment Documentation will be released
April 5 - Coordination Messages begin featuring regular race updates
April 11 - Final check-in details will be released
April 18 - Race Day

We have created a short questionnaire for you to complete over the next several days. As part of this process, you will be able to confirm your basic contact information as well as make specific requests for assignments. To access the questionnaire, please click on the following link:

Amateur Radio Course Questionnaire: https://forms.gle/nGLsKrpxBaw6urPq6

Also, you should have recently received a message from the BAA with some initial assignment details stating you have been assigned to the COURSE segment with a link to confirm your assignment -- please be sure to click on the link to confirm your assignment with the BAA as soon as possible.

Within that message, you may have noticed it stated to "check your segment documentation" for check-in details with a time of 5:30am. The reason for this generic information is that these times will vary depending on your location on the course. Early stations report between 5:30-6:00am, and later stations closer to 6:30am. After assignments and documents are released, we will include initial check-in information for you. Similar to last fall's race, these details are still being worked out behind the scenes. My goal is to get this information to you as soon and as accurate as possible, and our goal is to have final check-in information to you no later than Monday, April 11.

The online forums at www.hamradioboston.org are an excellent resource for you to communicate with other course volunteers, and a great way to be involved with the marathon amateur radio communications community as we approach race day. I encourage you to sign-on and share your questions, comments, and even your race day stories over the next several weeks. If you have any difficulties accessing your forum account, please reach out to us at contact@hamradioboston.org.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns leading up to race day, either through the forum or at kb1kqw@hamradioboston.org. Also, if your availability has changed, please be sure to let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing us at contact@hamradioboston.org. In order to answer everyone’s question in time for race day, make sure to contact us before 6:00pm on Sunday, April 17.

I know the race is just under a month away, but we're all looking forward to a successful event this year. Thanks again for all that you have done to support the BAA, and I look forward to working with you all on April 18!

Jim Palmer – KB1KQW
BAA Communications Committee
Course Amateur Radio Segment Coordinator / Team Captain
kb1kqw@hamradioboston.org
Jim-KB1KQW
Course Segment Coordinator
BAA Communications Committee Member